My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes....Cat Quote by Unknown.
Friday, September 15, 2006
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
"A catless writer is almost inconceivable. It's a perverse taste, really, since it would be easier to write with a herd of buffalo in the room than even one cat; they make nests in the notes and bite the end of the pen and walk on the typewriter keys." - Barbara Holland
I am not in a mood to write.
I am not in a mood to write.
Posted by cathy at 11:57 AM
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Monday, September 11, 2006
Sunday, September 10, 2006
A kitten is the most irresistible comedian in the world. Its wide-open eyes gleam with wonder and mirth. It darts madly at nothing at all, and then, as though suddenly checked in the pursuit, prances sideways on its hind legs with ridiculous agility and zeal. - Agnes Repplier
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Friday, September 08, 2006
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Sure, I know you will miss Steve. So would I and the world.
As a tribute, the Cat devotes this blog to Steve Irwin's quotes.
1. I've probably saved thousands of peoples' lives with my educational message on snake bites, how to get in around venomous anything.
2. I bled a lot. I got hit across the face. We couldn't film for seven days. I got hit, whacked, underwater, across the face. I finished the shot, got into the boat and blood started coming out.--Steve Irwin
3. Crikey, mate. You're far safer dealing with crocodiles and western diamondback rattlesnakes than the executives and the producers and all those sharks in the big MGM building. --Steve Irwin
4. Crikey means gee whiz, wow!
5. I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. --Steve Irwin
6. Where I live if someone gives you a hug it's from the heart.
7. No, snakes are no problem. I'd go to any country, anywhere, any snakes, not a problem.--Steve Irwin
8. Snakes are just very instinctive to me. I've been playing with snakes since before I could walk. It doesn't matter where or what it is, from the biggest to the most venomous.--Steve Irwin
9. Take the crocodile, for example, my favorite animal. There are 23 species. Seventeen of those species are rare or endangered. They're on the way out, no matter what anyone does or says, you know.
10. Because when they strike it can be that quick that if they're within range, you're dead, you're dead in your tracks. And his head weighs more than my body so it's WHACK!
11. I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.--Steve Irwin
12.Yeah, I think it's an absolute disaster that Australia, the government, allowed kangaroo culling. --Steve Irwin
13. When the East Timor conflict broke out, when they gained independence, the militia killed a lot of East Timorese people. And their sacred totem is the crocodile. They believe that their island is actually a solidified crocodile, so it has sacred status. --Steve Irwin
14. We've evolved from sitting back on our tripods and shooting wildlife films like they have been shot historically, which doesn't work for us.
15.So, my tactic with conservation of apex predators is to get people excited and take them to where they live. --Steve Irwin
16. Yeah, I'm a thrill seeker, but crikey, education's the most important thing.
17. I get called an adrenaline junkie every other minute, and I'm just fine with that.--Steve Irwin
18. Every cent we earn from Crocodile Hunter goes straight back into conservation. Every single cent. .
19.My belief is that what comes across on the television is a capture of my enthusiasm and my passion for wildlife.
20. When I talk to the camera, mate, it's not like I'm talking to the camera, I'm talking to you because I want to whip you around and plunk you right there with me.
21. I'm a proud Australian, a very, very proud Australian.
22. So now what happens is the cameras follow me around and capture exactly what I've been doing since I was a boy. Only now we have a team of, you know, like 73 of us, and it's gone beyond that.--Steve Irwin
23.There's a lot of research behind the scenes that you don't get to see, but I have an instinct that my dad nurtured from when I was born. I was very lucky then. --Steve Irwin
24.24.Since I was a boy, from this house, I was out rescuing crocodiles and snakes. My mum and dad were very passionate about that and, I was lucky enough to go along.
25. My field is with apex predators, hence your crocodiles, your snakes, your spiders--Steve Irwin
Posted by cathy at 10:15 AM